- South Africa is home to a multitude of nations housing individual beliefs, religions, traditions and customs.
- Talking to 70% of South Africans dwelling in deep rural, to rural and peri-urban areas requires a new understanding and appreciation for life in South Africa.
- Consumers however, rich or poor, still consume FMCG and other manufactured products; they have aspirations and cannot be ignored.
The Calabash Community
The Calabash Community, derived from the UCT Unilever Institute of Strategic Marketing insights are:
- Individuals living in households with a monthly income of < R5000
- The largest market segment by number (70% of our population)
- The market of the future- 80% of SA children are survivors
- "Asset rich but cash poor"
- Multi-dimensional (Rural and Urban dwelling)
- They're "Survivors" made up of:
- 10.5 million households (21.5 million adults)
- ...with a total spend R225 billion per annum
Why the Calabash
What is a Network?
- A Network or Package is a number of individual panels sold together as a group.
- These Networks have pre-determined inventory allocation.
- A Network offers an agency or client a direct solution to their media planning needs.
Benefits of the network for you
- Ease of purchase...buy a solution!
- Segmented according to audience opportunity to see
- Value for money
- Geo-demographic and geo-psychographic
- Provide building blocks for the bigger picture