Johannesburg, 2 June 2016
The judges at the 2016 JCDecaux Café Cook-off held on Wednesday 1 June at the Kgotla at the Indaba Hotel, unanimously judged the MediaCom team, representing the French city of Strasbourg, as the new cocotte (potjie) winners with their delicious and succulent pork cocotte accompanied with crackling and perfect use of their secret ingredient of bread dough! Their culinary efforts have won them, aside from a Mowana Spa voucher for each team member, a Digital Out of Home campaign worth R100 000. Maxus, winners of the lamb category, came in at the very well deserved second position, followed by the previous reigning champs, OMD, who won the team spirit prize and chicken category. Initiative Media, winners of the beef category, came in at fourth place.
“Year on year the standard of cooking has improved, and all teams provided tasty, innovative and well-presented food in a very competitive environment”, comments Piers Proctor–Urwin, owner and master chef at the Local Kitchen Co in Bryanston. Alexandre Simacourbe, Airports Manager sub-Saharan Africa, a supporting judge and a Frenchman who loves and appreciates good food comments, “The cook-off provides us with a unique platform to network and converse with our clients in a relaxed and creative environment”. The sixteen teams were judged on taste, use of their mystery ingredient, presentation and team spirit. Miss South Africa, Ntandoyenkosi Kunene along with Darren McKinon, SA Sales Manager at JCDecaux, and Alasdair Muller, Head of Sales (sub-Saharan Africa) and MC for the event, congratulated and presented the prizes to the deserving winners.
The MediaCom Team (1st Place)
The Maxus Team (2nd Place)
The OMD Team (Spirit Award)
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers in excess of 37, 000 advertising opportunities within the African continent.
JCDecaux is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide and the market leader in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East. JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indexes. Employing 12,850 people, the Group has operations in more than 75 countries around the world, and has a presence in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants. The Group generated total revenues of €3,208 million in 2015.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2015 revenue: €3,208m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (236,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,280 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
For more information contact: