Johannesburg, May 2017
JCDecaux Tanzania wins big at the 2017 annual World Sales Conference
JCDecaux, the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, was awarded the best creative communications and digital business of the year at this year’s World Sales Conference.
The two-day conference which was organised by Mikono Speakers International together with Excel Management, was held at the Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre (JNICC) in Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
This year the conference took place on 27th and 28th April 2017 and saw more than 1000 MD's, general managers and managers of various companies attending.
The World Sales Conference is an annual event that features top sales industry experts who offer strategies that can potentially help to increase sales revenue in any organization. Victor Antonia, a renowned Sales Trainer from USA, was a key note speaker of this year’s event.
Apart from the awards, the conference also aimed at equipping participants with proven techniques on closing sales, strategies to produce increased revenue, efficient sales-technologies, and ways to improve sales performance. The conference was also accompanied with exhibitions.
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers 32,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent and employs more than 400 people.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,392.8 billion
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indices
- No. 1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (236,760 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,280 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
Contact for JCDecaux Africa: Refilwe Kgosiemang