Johannesburg, 30 October 2017
JCDecaux collaborates with M-Net to showcase how a simple twist to creativity can make an impact
JCDecaux sub-Saharan Africa, the leader in advancement in Out-Of-Home in Africa, announced that they have joined forces with M-Net, a subscription-funded television channel broadcast in South Africa, to showcase how a simple twist to creativity can make an impact, using one billboard and two creative messages, to launch the commencement of season 5 of Prison Break.
Prison Break, an America television serial drama which has been broadcasted for four seasons, returned to M-Net on October 2, 2017 for the first time since 2009. M-Net wanted to create an outdoor campaign that will launch the start of season 5 of Prison Break.
The campaign was executed through a two-phase approach, over a period of four weeks. As the urban population continues to grow and people spend more time outside of their homes, M-Net identified JCDecaux as an Out-Of-Home advertising solution partner to be the channel with a unique capability to offer real-life interaction and an opportunity to establish a dialogue with its target audience.
The first phase of the Prison Break campaign was the successful display of the main character (Wentworth Miller), standing behind prison bars. This was followed by the second phase of the campaign with the main character breaking free and escaping from prison with the display of the bars broken open.
Adelaide McKelvey of JCDecaux sub-Saharan Africa said: “at JCDecaux we strive to bring innovative Out-Of-Home (OOH) concepts to on-street reality. We are constantly finding new ways and thinking of innovative ideas to go above and beyond customer expectations”.
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers in excess of 37,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent.
JCDecaux is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide and the market leader in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East. JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indexes. Employing 12,850 people, the Group has operations in more than 75 countries around the world, and has a presence in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants. The Group generated total revenues of €3,208 million in 2015.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m; H1 2017 revenue: €1,641m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees